Your pets and family members run on the carpet and track dirt and debris from outside. Sometimes you invest in a big carpet but it’s difficult to clean and maintain the carpet, especially for the senior citizens. It’s important to clean the carpet frequently if you want to extend the life of a carpet. If you are searching for the best way to clean the carpet then hiring a carpet cleaning service is best. The professional uses the best possible way to clean the carpet. Senior citizens don’t know how to clean the carpet and they even avoid dark areas and stained carpets.
What carpet cleaning mistakes do you need to avoid?
If you want safe home carpet cleaning then it’s important to use proper tools and expertise. But sometimes you decide to clean the carpet in your home on your own, then it becomes very difficult for senior citizens to clean the carpet.
There are a few mistakes you need to avoid while cleaning the carpet:
- While brushing and scrubbing the carpet avoid using much pressure because if you continuously push a rotating brush into the fibers of your carpet then your carpet looks fuzzy.
- If you are cleaning carpet with chemicals then after cleaning you must extract all shampoo, detergent, and chemicals.
- While washing the carpet try to use freshwater with the application of the steam and extraction wand. Make sure that you remove dirt and detergent from the fibers of the carpet with proper penetration of steam.
- Never walk on a damp carpet as this will crush the fibers of the carpet and carpet rugs look flattened.
- If the carpet is damp and you run on a damp carpet then this will crush the fibers of the carpet and make the rug look worn.
- If you add ventilation after shampooing and carpet cleaning, then this will reduce the risk of mold and mildew which get trapped under the fibers of the carpet. To remove the excess moisture, open all windows and doors of your house.
Here are tips to clean the carpet:-
- With a professional carpet cleaning company, you can keep the home germs-free and clean. Try to trim your pet’s hairs and nails regularly so that they never pull carpet threads and fibers.
- For your home a good air filter will trap and lock the airborne dust and dirt. Air purifiers help to keep your floor cleaner and remove dust particles that get settled on the carpet.
- A home exterior system built-up dust and dirt particles so it’s important to clean the home’s exterior surface.
- Try to change the furnace filters at least each year and clean the home’s ductwork professionally because dust and dirt get blown on the carpet by the furnace and make your carpet look dirty.
- Make a routine of daily vacuuming your carpet as this will remove the excessive dust and dirt particles. It’s a myth that regular vacuuming and using powerful cleaners will damage your carpet.